How To Optimize Your Fat Intake
Fat has been both hero and villain in our society. Recently, we have begun to accept fat as a vital nutrient for optimal health.
The problem here, however, is that there is still way too much confusion on how to optimize intakes of fat for best results.
So here are 6 ways to enhance your intake of dietary fat:
1. Keep tabs on your intake: I generally do not recommend obsessing over exact measurements. Fat, however, has a lot of calories so it makes sense to keep accurate tabs on how much you are eating. You see, of all the macronutrients it’s easiest to gain weight with fat.
2. Have no more than one gram of fish oil per day: If you have more than this you run the risk of damaging your heart. You see, too many omega threes can cause increased amounts of atherosclerosis. So don’t go overboard with supplements.
3. Avoid trans fats no matter what: Now you have to be careful here because companies can claim that their products have zero trans fats even when this isn’t the case. To make sure you aren’t getting any trans fats in your diet, always read the nutrition facts.
4. Have plant saturated fat: Keep in mind that plant saturated fat is different than animal saturated fat. And this difference makes plant saturated fat very healthy for you. I prefer coconut since it goes will with so many different dishes.
5. Balance your fat intake: Just like you are supposed to balance your intake of macronutrients, you should balance out your intake of different fat sources. Try to get monounsaturated, omega three, omega six and plant saturated fats in your diet.
6. Stay away from heated fats: Even healthy fats can become very unhealthy when they are heat treated. For example, an omega 6 oil can become rancid if it’s used to deep fry a particular food. So even if the food and fat are healthy, the high heat makes things unhealthy.
Fat is critical for maximum health and fitness. Even more important, it’s critical for proper development of the human brain. So optimize you intake of fat today, don’t wait!
Author Katherine Crawford, a fitness physiologist and former arm fat sufferer, instructs on how to do arm toning exercises. Figure out how to get sexy and toned arms by visiting her blog with shake weight reviews right now!
Comments are closed.